2022: Things I Have Learned This Year
Where has the year gone? I actually missed writing. It has been a year since I posted...that is crazy! Honestly, I have just been all over the place. I started this year with goals/resolutions I was excited about but managed to not accomplish them all, which is okay, and no need to feel defeated over it. With full transparency, this year has been one of the toughest for me personally. A true rollercoaster ride if you will. I've experienced love for the first time, struggled with my mental health, fixed/ended old friendships while exploring new ones, health issues, heartbreak, and the loss of my grandmother amongst other things. However, I did manage to end the year with some strong takeaways that I think some of us can relate to.
In no particular order, here are 10 things I learned this year:
1. MENTAL HEALTH IS VERY IMPORTANT
Mental health is important and needs to be taken way more seriously. If you need help, please do not be afraid to seek it. Take care of yourself in all areas; mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
2. NEVER GET COMFORTABLE...WITH PEOPLE HURTING YOU
You just might fall numb to it. It causes that behavior continue and you do not deserve it.
3. SET BOUNDARIES
Boundaries are okay. They can be looked at as a way of self-care. Boundaries will show those around you how to treat you. Stay firm in the ones you set while respecting the boundaries and limits of others.
4. GO AT YOUR OWN PACE
I had this on my list last year but it will always be a good one! Everything takes time so go at the pace that is appropriate to you. It is your growth and development. It is definitely easier said than done as humans we naturally compare and compete, but that will hurt us in the end because we may grow comfortable in that mindset.
- IT IS OKAY TO WALK AWAY
- MAKE TIME FOR THE THINGS YOU ENJOY
For myself, this year I spent time working on my self-care. For you, it can be building that skincare routine, going to the gym, journaling, cooking, or just simply resting. Just give yourself the time to explore and it will be worth it.
- SETBACKS HAPPEN
- LEARN TO FORGIVE...FOR YOURSELF
I'm saying learn to forgive yourself as it can help you let go of any emotions tied to the things that may have gone wrong somewhere. Also if you are anything like me, forgive but do not forget.
- PEOPLE SHOW UP DIFFERENTLY
- THERE IS NO TIMETABLE FOR YOUR FEELINGS
Comments
Post a Comment