L-O-V-EeEEeee
February is the month for the feels! The second month of the year brings us romance, black history month, and overall LOVE. Every year we see that through gifts, love languages, or just the vibe and feels.
*cough* Valentine’s Day *cough*
Black History Month, although it should be celebrated all year long, is a representation of love; a great love and celebration to all the generations of impactful African Americans who changed the world indelibly. And we get to do this through recognition, celebration of history, and importance.
Yes, it does suck this year celebrating black history comes at a time of fighting for our rights and the rollback of DEI initiatives.
But I really want to talk about love and what I think of it.
What is love? The definition/meaning of love is yours. Does anyone know what love is? I think we all have our own idea of what it is. I often feel love is a double-edged sword. It brings you happiness, joy, and power. On the other side, it brings vulnerability and other feelings attached to the idea of loving something or someone. Love is overall complicated. It is often viewed differently from person to person. I believe love can be shared across the board in any form.
One thing I learned to appreciate and understand in viewing love is Love Languages and the idea behind them. Those who are unfamiliar, love languages are how we receive love from others or hope to. They are showcased in five forms. Acts of Service, Gifts, Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, and Physical Touch. These can be fully understood in the book The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Dr. Chapman, or if you are not a big reader, just google a quiz to get your results. I started with the quizzes to dig deeper into understanding what my personal love language is. And if we go solely off that Google quiz I took, my main language is Words of Affirmation, which I would agree. This may mean positive reassurance and knowing you are being understood through verbal confirmation to me. Would love to hear yours, and if you find yourself prioritizing that in your encounters and relationships.
Love comes in so many entities. Love encompasses many forms, including romantic, familiar, platonic, and through interests. The list honestly goes on. Think of love in yourself. Love in family. Love in friends. Love to animals, interests, jobs, etc. The list honestly can go on.
Yes, love can have one feeling, all those emotions surrounding it, like hurt, but I believe it supplies strength. Just remember who and how you love is yours! That is the beauty!
Remember to spread love and kindness and not just in February, but all year long. It can be self-love too! Because how are you going to love someone if you can't love yourself.
Love is Patient. Love is Kind. Love is Love!
- TheeTaylorHill💓
Comments
Post a Comment