Jordyn Woods V. The People

***DISCLAIMER: I am fully aware this post is coming out almost a month after its initial hype and a day before the new KUWTK season premieres. Be aware that this strictly opinion based.***

This is not the normal type of blogging I wanted to do, but having studied media and broadcasting it wouldn't be normal for me not to have an opinion on all these crazy headlines and stories that are taking place in pop culture and the entertainment world.

One story or on ongoing breaking news that has the world heated is Jordyn Woods BETRAYING the Kardashians for her involvement with Cleveland Cavaliers player, Tristan Thompson. Now if you know me, you know I do rigorously watch Keeping Up With the Kardashians and even supported Kylie Cosmetics a few times, yet this whole thing has me BOTHERED by everyone involved!!


It is currently two weeks after the initial story broke, however, I wanted to share my opinion on the situation after reading and/or watching the media stories, Red Table Talk, social media buzz and simply the opinions of those around me. I am going to start my opinion with JORDYN DID NOT BREAK ANYONE'S HOME (only because I saw Khloe's tweets before everything else)! You simply cannot break a home up where there is no home, to begin with. I say that because Tristan and Khloe were not allegedly together and just figuring out their situation. In a later tweet by Khloe,  she says "regardless of what he [Thompson] does to mean, I will not do that to my daughter." I was bothered because Khloe is favorite Kardashian and this was just wrong. Mainly due to the fact Tristan is the main person to blame. Immediately I was like what about Prince, Thompson's son. Tristan left his baby mother for Khloe who happened to go through the same thing.  Y'all know the saying, "once a cheater, always a cheater." Homeboy has been getting caught cheating or talking to other women. And by no means am I excusing Jordyn's role in this whole thing. But there are so many factors we ALL have to look at. After the tweets, I saw that the lip kit Jordyn and Kylie did were half off on her website. I thought that was shady but it also was rumored until it was true. It was revealed that they lip kits were on sale due to Kylie Cosmetics changing their packaging (later Jordy was sold out). Then I saw the videos of Kim Kardashian and Malika Haqq shading Jordyn when both women have no room to talk. And if you keep up with the Kardashians you know Malika is Khloe's best friend and she reportedly hooked up with Khloe's ex-boyfriend, French Montana, which later was just flirty messages from Montana's end.  Many people brought this up during the situation due to Khloe forgiving Haqq simply after she has made it known Malika is like a sister to her. But where was this energy with Jordyn? Was it because it was a kiss? Malika was quick to defend those comments since she was the one that went to Khloe. PUUHLLEASSEE *eye roll* However the thing that had me mad about the tweets and videos is that the Kardashian/Jenner name has the media wrapped. I am saying this because they are a well-known family and highly favored. They could even be considered a media machine in the sense that the media tends to come a running when anything concerns them and being that well-known comes with an audience and all of their opinions including mine.


On to my feelings about Jordyn's Red Table Talk interview. I am glad Jordyn put her foot down and decided to speak out. I feel going onto that platform was best because Jada Pinkett- Smith isn't going to let anyone get away with anything on her show regardless of her relations with the guest. I like that they unintentionally clarified that the Kardashian/Jenner family didn't make Jordyn although the two best friends were introduced to each other by Jaden Smith. People seem to assume that since Jordyn is Kylie's best friend she made her like no you didn't make her, you may have helped/influenced her career in some ways, something no one can deny. While watching this, I was content for her as she took accountability for her actions and knew where she was wrong in the narrative.


In other news...

Was Jordyn wrong for going to that party? NO.
Was Jordyn in the wrong from putting her legs on top of Tristian's? Was she wrong for staying the entire night? Was she wrong from withholding information from Khloe?  YES.
Was Jordyn wrong for going public with her side? NO.

She is not wrong going public because the comments were too much compared to what Tristian was getting.  The power (media, popularity, the stans, etc.)  that comes with being associated with the well-known family also played a role and it looked like she didn' t want to seem like she was being held back. Also, I feel the need to add that her so-called best friend and her family didn't seem to care enough to have people chill out on her. Yes, blood is thicker but if I am like your sister you can give me some type of respect especially if you see that people are coming for my family. Therefore, Jordyn had to do what was best for her and her family. I don't know about y'all but if my families lives and careers were being affected by my actions, the way the media circulates and people's judgment, I will do what I need to especially as a "young black woman who made a mistake."  Jada even touched on that as black women as "the most disregarded and disrespectful creatures on Earth," which served true with this "scandal." I personally loved Pinkett Smith's part in this sit-down interview as she made sure Jordyn spoke for herself and not the feelings of those involved and push blame. You have to respect that. I am going to repeat this yet I am glad everyone was able to take accountability...Jordyn and Khloe. I added Khloe's name because due to everyone's opinion on the interview, she was able to open her eyes a bit to the situation despite being the most hurt. So I have to give her credit even when people feel she did it because she then too started to receive backlash. I do have more opinions on the situation but I want you all to form your own therefore I encourage you to read on it or watch the interview if you are remotely interested. And if you are wondering if I am still going to watch the show... Yes, because 1. I'm going to watch what I want, 2. they are entertaining and lastly the family is good at what they do, I can't hate on that and neither can you.


Now to the current day of finalizing this blog, the news surrounding this has simmered down for the most part. Now we are getting our occasional "Kylie and Jordyn spotted together 2 weeks after" or the good ol "Kylie is done with Jordyn" type of stories which I feel are a bit extra as the two still follow each other on social media sites. Also, Jordyn Woods is back to posting on Instagram and proving you can still live your best life after everyone tries to tear you down. Jordyn is just radiating and has this new glow to her in almost all of her recent photos; it is truly good to see after all of this.  A few days ago, another trailer for KUWTK came out where they are going to actually touch on this bEtRaYaL/ sCaNdAl, which to say the least will stir up this whole mess...AGAIN (and it is). But there was one thing that stood out to me! Khloe saying, "Tristan might love me, whatever that means, but he has no respect for me whatsoever," GIRRLLLLLL! I am glad she is realizing this because if anyone loves you, including a man he will have respect for you and your feelings and would not intentionally hurt you or belittle whatever relationship you have.


Okay, NOW I am done with this post!


-TheeTaylorHill


P.S. If there is one thing to take away from all this, it is what Will Smith said to Jordyn, "Take your medicine and tell YOUR truth."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L-O-V-EeEEeee

2022: Things I Have Learned This Year

25 Things I Learned While Being 25!