10 Ways to Stay (somewhat) Busy During Quarantine
As you can tell by the title, I will share my on the bright side tips for being quarantined during COVID-19. Unfortunately, I work for an essential business and don't get to do much stay at home or quarantine activities that I see everyone doing online. But don't get me wrong, I am very thankful to still have a job where I still get to learn my new role in the company and still have a source of income. My heart goes out to everyone whose futures are uncertain. However, it is highly important (and recommended) that you stay home and/or practice social distancing whenever you can. I know we all can get bored and down during these unsure times, but it is important we try to stay positive and encourage others to do their part.
With that being said, I am going to supply a list of 10 things you can do while at home, and for those who work, these are things to do on those off days...because I do.
With that being said, I am going to supply a list of 10 things you can do while at home, and for those who work, these are things to do on those off days...because I do.
- Stay Home: Obviously the best option during this time of uncertainty. It’s important we all do our part. Plus some of us don’t have this option so why not follow the rules?
- Clean Your Room: this has been the most rewarding for me on my off days. I am like my mother when it comes to a mess and cleaning. I’m also an essential worker so most of the time I don’t get the chance to put things away like I normally would when everything wasn’t so hectic. So when I get to clean my room, I feel so good about it. That’s until it’s messy again!
- Declutter Whatever: I highly recommend this one. This can mean decluttering anything. Things ranging from your closet (shoes, clothes, etc), make-up, your electronic devices, your kitchen pantry, a garage....anything. I do this tip at least once every other month. It also gives you a chance to keep the things you really need and get rid of the unnecessary. Plus you’ll find things you never thought you had. (All the items with price tags; mine was my jackets/sweaters!)
- DIY Spa/Self Care day: This one can be very relaxing! I know I’m saying that about a bunch of these...but this one is! So when I do this I like to focus on my skincare. The whole routine. I aim to do this every off day I have so you can pick one day each week to essentially treat yourself. In this spa day, you can do your face masks, bubble bath, nail care, and if you got a nice sibling or significant other.... a massage of your choice but focus on the body part that needs some TLC. GET CREATIVE!
- Read More: This tip was actually one of my resolutions for the year. I also have seen this was a lot of people's go-to activity during this quarantine. This can boost the vocabulary and get a chance to relax by reading a good series. For me, I’ve been looking into lifestyle, self-care books.
- Tik Tok: Everyone should have tik tok on their phone by now, regardless if you are making some or just watching. I tend to find myself getting caught up in these videos. I’m talking about hours! The platform is a good way to get creative and showcase different genres of talents. I am personally hooked on the dances (I can’t dance but they are fun when you actually learn...I can’t even look at Savage the same). Just don’t knock it until you try it!
- Catch Up on Shows: As you stay home this is the perfect time to catch up on your favorite shows and movies. This also gives you time to try a new show too. Netflix has been putting out a lot of content.
- Start That Project Today: This tip is at your own digression. Your tip to tap into whatever dream you have or goal to accomplish. People are doing it all. I have seen people start YouTube channels, create makeup pages, podcasts. As for me, I am forcing myself to write more. And if you are worried about support, if you have loyal supportive friends this shouldn’t be an issue. SUPPORT IS FREE! So we honestly should all want to see each other grow when succeeding in the thing that is making us feel good.
- Start a Workout/ Yoga Routine: Most of us love the gym or feeling active so why not keep it up (just minus the gym). There are so many workout/yoga apps available to download and most give you the option to create a routine by setting goals and reminders to workout. This is an opportunity to stay active and keep eating those quarantine snacks....all in good moderation.
- Sleep: ngl, this is my favorite past time on my off days. This will allow you to rest and give your body the well-deserved sleep it needs. Also, this is a chance to correct those bad sleeping habits!
-TheeTaylorHill
P.S: let me know the things you are doing to keep your sanity.
P.S.S: If you do go out (essential purposes only) be sure to remain respectful to the workers that are putting in the hours to keep supplying you these goods and services. We all are doing the best we can and it doesn’t help when people feel entitled and find things to complain about. There are people dying *Kourtney Kardashian voice* Other than that, be sure to also thank the essential workers, and our first responders; it, in fact, does make them feel better.
Comments
Post a Comment